is found in the Santa Cruz Mountains along the coast of California.
Our outdoor education program operates out of YMCA Camp Jones Gulch, a
926 acre property featuring old and secondary growth Coast Redwoods,
Douglas Firs, deciduous trees, chaparral, grassy meadows, creeks, a
pond, and more.
Camp Jones Gulch is located in La Honda, about 12 miles inland from
Highway 1 and the Pacific Ocean. About 160 students and 20 cabin leaders
attend the SJOE program at Jones Gulch each week. To learn more about
the program site, you can visit the
YMCA webpage for Camp Jones Gulch
(note: this link will take you off the SJOE website).
Camp Jones Gulch
11000 Pescadero Road
La Honda, CA 94020
Driving Directions To YMCA Jones Gulch (Science Camp)
Note: You will lose cell phone and GPS services on your way to camp. Please do not count on these technologies.
1) From I-5 S, merge onto I-205 W via the I-580/I-205 exit 458B to San
2) Merge onto I-580 W.
3) Go slightly left at I-238 N toward I-880.
4) Exit onto I-880 S toward San Jose/San Mateo Bridge.
5) Exit at Jackson St./CA-92 W toward the San Mateo Bridge and follow the signs
to stay on CA-92 W.
6) In Half Moon Bay, turn left on Highway 1 S/Cabrillo Highway.
7) After about 15 miles, there will be a blinking yellow light and a street
lamp at the intersection with Pescadero Rd. Turn left there. NOTE: This is
where you will lose cell phone service.
8) Go through the towns of Pescadero and Loma Mar and past Memorial Park,
Redwood Glen and Camp Loma Mar. After about 14 miles on Pescadero Rd, there
will be a sign for Camp Jones Gulch on your left and a paved road on your
right. Turn right.
9) Follow the camp road - go as straight at you can until you reach the Jones
Gulch YMCA Office. You may stop there and inquire within about directions
to the San Joaquin Outdoor Ed Office.
1) From CA-99 N, exit to CA-120 W toward Manteca/San Francisco.
2) Exit onto I-5 S toward San Francisco/Los Angeles.
3) Follow directions given above from Stockton.